Friday, January 25, 2013

Can i update my jailbroken iphone without losing anything?

Q. I have a jailbroken Iphone 3Gs 18 GB with IOS 3.1.3. I'd like to know how to undo the jailbreak and update the phone without losing anything. I got about 30 song and 50 apps since i last synced my phone to itunes.

Thanks for your help!

A. Back it up.

Can a jailbroken iPhone be upgraded to the new iOS 4 software?
Q. I realize that upgrading to iOS 4 will get rid of my current jailbreak, and that is fine.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS, version 3.1.3 using a Spirit jailbreak. When iOS 4 gets released in a couple of weeks, can I just upgrade to the new software, or will I have to do a DFU restore first?

A. it will probably be at least a week until they come out with a jailbreak for the 4.0 software, so if you cant wait and want it wen it first comes out, you will have to restore it and have it un-jailbroken (at least until they come out with a jailbreak for it)
MRMORRIS

Can I install the new apple updates on a jailbroken iphone?
Q. I am planning on buying a jailbroken iphone and it has iOS 3.1.2, and I would like to be able to install all the new apple updates on it. I am on AT&T so I wouldn't mind if the iphone becomes locked with At&T again.

A. no. once you've jail broke it,,... it's pretty much gone.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment