Friday, January 4, 2013

Could I send an unlocked iphone 4 to a girl in Russia so she could use it?

Q. I've been doing a little research, but truthfully I don't know much about the whole iphone 4 use in Russia. I've found enough info to know she'd have to cut her sim card, but that's as far as my knowledge goes on that subject. I was planning on buying an unlocked iphone 4 off eBay for her, but it wouldn't pay if she couldn't use it in Russia. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

A. The iPhone 4 uses a Micro-Sim so if she has a regular SIM card, she will have to cut it. I have seen reports that cutting the SIM card does actually work! Just make sure she doesn't cut over the metal part... In the link, there are cool step-by-step instructions on how to do so.

And she can indeed use the iPhone 4 in Russia if it is on a GSM Network. And make sure the company she uses actually used SIM cards because Verizon doesn't use SIM cards. Good Luck!

How can I use my unlocked iphone 4 in London and the Netherlands?
Q. I have an unlocked iPhone 4 and am traveling to London then the Netherlands. I will be in London for a month and the Netherlands for two months. I want to get a prepaid micro sim but I do not have a credit card from those countries or a residential address.

Thanks!

A. why do you need a credit card to buy a ****prepaid**** sim card? Last I remember, you walk into the store... ask for a prepaid sim card... gets activated... and walla.... so much tourism over there, there isnt much time to think about foreign credit/debit cards in regards to prepaid cell phones... just buy, pay, walla..


are you sure your not confusing the Europeans over there... they may think your asking for a contract account

Can you jailbreak a factory unlocked Iphone 4?
Q. I bought a factory unlocked Iphone 4 so that I can use it for Tmobile. I was wondering if I can jailbreak it so that I can get cydia to customize my Iphone. It's on version 5.0.1 and has a modem firmware 04.11.08. Someone please help!

A. If you're using a factory unlock iPhone, you can still jailbreak your device and customize it with Cydia. To go ahead and do this jailbreak, I recommend following this guide below:

http://www.ios-source.com/how-to-jailbreak-ios-5-0-1-untethered-on-the-iphone-ipod-touch-and-ipad-with-redsn0w-0-9-10-b1




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment