Monday, January 21, 2013

How do I get my iPhone 3gs to use the cellular network to get on the Internet and not the wifi?

Q. When I'm at school I have to use the schools wifi and their proxy blocked a lot of the websites that I want to go on so how do I get my Iphone 3gs so it uses it's (3g) signal instead of the wifi?

A. go in settings wifi and turn it off

Just wanna make something clear about the new Iphone 3gs?
Q. Im planning on buying the new Iphone 3gs and use it for t-mobile. I heard that if you buy it with no service/plan it comes already unlocked and no need for anything, you just need to put the sim card in and your ready to go. Can anybody clear this up for me i would greatly appreciate it thank you.

A. No. The only way to get an unlocked iphone is to buy it from ebay or some other similar site. Apple has a contract with at&t so its locked for this company only, but like all other phones you could get it from a backdoor site to work with any company, usualy for full price.

Do i need to unlock my iphone 3gs to be able to use it in china?
Q. I'm traveling to China soon for a month. Can I simply bring my iphone 3gs and use in china? Do I have to unlock it first? Of course I understand I need to buy a local sim card.

A. If it isn't already unlocked then yes, you do need to, because a locked phone wont work with a local sim card, only your carrier's sims.

Some carriers will unlock them, but mine didn't, so I'll link to what I used - it's free and for Windows and Mac and has a guide :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment