Saturday, January 12, 2013

How do I use iPhone 3G as a modem to my computer ?

Q. I'm using an iPhone 3G version 4.2.1
I wanna use it as an Internet modem to my computer. But there is no option like "Data Tethering" or "modem" in network settings. Can't I use it as a modem ?

A. You need 2 things. 1) your phone must support "tethering" as that is the technology that makes the magic happen, and 2) permission from your phone company (AT&T).

To make #1 happen you need IOS 4.x. It supports tethering.
To make #2 happen you need to call AT&T and have them add tethering to your plan. It costs extra per month.

It is my understanding that Verizon will allow their version of the iPhone to act as a wireless hot spot.

iPhone 3g says slide for emergency when restoring without an at&t sim. How do I fix it?
Q. I bought a used iPhone 3G jailbroken (and I don't have at&t) and tried to restore it via itunes in order to sync my music. Now my iphone is stuck on a screen that says "slide for emergency" and I don't know how to get out of this. Help would be greatly appreciated.

A. Restoring it locked it again so you need to either unlock it or get an AT&T sim card to use it again.

Is it possible to use an iphone 3g as a webcam?
Q. Is it possible to use an iphone 3g as a webcam (through wifi or wired) with my windows xp laptop?

A. No, because the iPhone doesn't take videos, only still photos.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment