Sunday, January 13, 2013

How much does iPhone 4S charge you for international calls or texts?

Q. How much will iPhone 4S cost if I make an international call to someone in Dubai?
How much do they charge for such a call? And can you receive international texts from, lets say Dubai, on your iPhone 4S and still be charged? How much will the iPhone charge you if you reply back to the international text?
If you have an iPhone or a blackberry what's the best cell phone carrier plan for international calls and texts?

A. The iPhone doesn't charge you anything. Your cell phone carrier charges you for international calls and texts. How much depends on your carrier.

Does the iPhone work internationally if i get it unlocked?
Q. I want to get the iPhone, but i don't know how long i will be overseas. So i was wondering if the iPhone works just like the Blackberry i know that one is internationally used. Please help me to clear this up. Thanks so much!

A. The iPhone will work internationally with AT&T service without being unlocked. It will also cost a fortune. An unlocked iPhone will allow you to use other carriers' sim cards. However, factory unlocked iPhones are only available online in the US and that's only rarely. The vast majority of unlocked iPhones sold on sites like eBay have been hacked and the unlock is not permanent and they are ridiculously easy to re-lock. Right now, if you re-lock, there's no way to unlock it again.

Factory unlocked iPhones are available in certain foreign countries. They are expensive but if you travel frequently, they are your best choice.

How do I upload my iphone calendar into my yahoo calendar on my pc?
Q. My iphone calendar is fully populated with information. My yahoo calendar is blank but I'd like to sync the 2 calendars so I have a back up of my iphone.

A. I do not think it is possible. The method left by Bryan will only push Yahoo Calendar events to your iPhone Calendar, not the other way around (ie events you had already created on your iphone will not push to Yahoo Calendar).

Please correct me if I am wrong.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment