Wednesday, January 9, 2013

How much does it cost for a sprint store fix an iPhone 4 screen?

Q. Dropped my phone. I have the iPhone 4. My main screen is really messed up. How much will it cost to fix it? I'm really hoping not a lot.

A. Sprint doesn't repair iPhones. Apple repairs iPhones. Apple charges $199 for a new screen. Typically local shops repair screens for about half that. There are also DIY kits available online if you want to risk that.

How much is an Iphone 3GS with a cracked glass cover worth?
Q. I have a Iphone 3GS in a great fully functional condition however it has cracked glass front cover because it got stuck under a couch. How much can I get for this if I sell it through craigslist, eBay or some other venue.

A. I have seen them sold on ebay for about $120 - $150 depending on the condition of the rest of the phone. If everything else works perfectly fine, you can probably expect to get about this much. You can buy a glass replacement kit for about $12 if you want to fix it yourself though, it is very easy. You just need a small (precision) screwdriver set and a suction cup. I charge people $89 to repair a broken glass and it costs less than $20 and takes about 15 minutes to repair.

Does my iPhone have to be under warranty to get fixed?
Q. My iPhone has a cracked screen and it wont stay on unless its plugged up (i guess thats a battery problem). Will apple fix this and does anyone have an estimate of how much it would cost? And does it have to be under warranty to get fixed?

A. Warranty == no.

Will they? Sure, but prepare to unbuckle the wallet. Apple doesn't do anything cheaply.

Do a search for iphone repair. I bought an iPod battery kit from these guys a couple of years ago:

http://www.ipodjuice.com/apple-iphone-repair.htm

My kid's iPod mini battery dies 6 months after she got it fro HS graduation. Apple wanted us to ship it both ways (about $20-30), then pay $40+ for a new battery. They sold me one with the installation tools and detailed (and perfect) instructions for about $35. That battery lasted until the iPod finally crapped out on her last week (nearly three years on that one battery).

I'd check them out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment