Saturday, January 19, 2013

how much energy is used for my iPhone to charge?

Q. when i plug my iphone into the wall to charge it, how much energy is passed from the wall to my iphone before its fully charged??

i'm writing a blog entry about solar iphone cases, and i'd like to try and calculate how much energy you'd save or how much carbon you'd offset if you used a solar charger to juice your iphone for a year instead of the walljack.

thanks!

A. 4 to 6W for iphone 2 and 3

I have 3G-S and if I use it for phone calls or mp3 it needs charging every 1-2 days.

What can anyone tell me about good portable solar power equipment?
Q. I'm doing research on portable solar equipment, and there are a lot of companies out there that I've found. Anyone have any ideas as to what brands will hold up for long periods of hiking and driving? It would need to be able to power batteries for laptops, camcorders, and probably some smaller equipment like cell phones, iPods, etc.

A. dasa751

Lots of good ideas here -- note the ratings too:
http://bit.ly/gFGh4

Lots of neat things -- I want one of each! For example:
hybrid solar chargers for blackberry, iphone, nokia
foldable solar array
foldable solar chargers
solar power portable panels
eton solarlink radio
solar calculators
briefcase portable solar
solar shower
etc
http://bit.ly/gFGh4

Good luck!

What is this called and where can I get one?
Q. It's a solar powered charger. Some kid I know was using one to charge her phone. It was pink. I want to know what it is called, and where to buy one. I would prefer if I could get it in a store.

A. NTK iPhone 3G 3Gs External Solar Powered Battery Charger ($29( or Universal Solar Phone Charger PDA PSP IPAQ Pink ($25) you can call around your local stores to see where it is carried in a store. We have no idea what part of the country you are in, so we can't tell where you can get it. Amazon is pretty easy, it will take a few days though.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment