Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How much is an Iphone 3GS with a cracked glass cover worth?

Q. I have a Iphone 3GS in a great fully functional condition however it has cracked glass front cover because it got stuck under a couch. How much can I get for this if I sell it through craigslist, eBay or some other venue.

A. I have seen them sold on ebay for about $120 - $150 depending on the condition of the rest of the phone. If everything else works perfectly fine, you can probably expect to get about this much. You can buy a glass replacement kit for about $12 if you want to fix it yourself though, it is very easy. You just need a small (precision) screwdriver set and a suction cup. I charge people $89 to repair a broken glass and it costs less than $20 and takes about 15 minutes to repair.

What's the difference between an otterbox iphone 3GS defender case and an otterbox iphone 3GS commuter case?
Q. I'm getting an iphone 3GS but the last phone i have fell on the ground all the time. So to prevent from breaking my iphone when i get it I wanna get an iphone case that you can drop, through at something hard & it doesn't break the iphone. What's the difference & the pros and cons?

A. The Defender cases are built like a tank. They completely cover your phone except for the speakers and mic and also come with a belt clip, but I find them to be incredibly bulky. The Commuter case should be just fine for most people and will take a pretty decent beating.

My water damaged iphone 3gs is not covered by warranty, can i make a swap?
Q. Can i take my friends iphone 3gs with a broken screen and send it in for repair? will apple recognize the difference or will they just repair it as if it was my water damaged phone?

A. yup serial numbers. there are serial numbers everywhere on iphones. on the sim card tray and also on the motherboard itself, phone case, etc. what i would do is sell the water damaged phone on ebay and get a 3gs from craigslist. you will end up paying about $10-$20 =))




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment