Friday, January 25, 2013

how much would a used iPhone 3G sell for?

Q. i have a used iPhone 3G 8GB. there isn't anything wrong with it, it's battery life is still good, & it's software is up-to-date, i just want to sell it & buy the new iPhone 4G.
what would i get if i sold it to an apple store, & what would be a fair price if i were to sell it directly to another person?

A. You should check the craigslist posts in your area selling the iPhone 3G and see how much other people are selling it for.

How do I use iPhone 3G as a modem to my computer ?
Q. I'm using an iPhone 3G version 4.2.1
I wanna use it as an Internet modem to my computer. But there is no option like "Data Tethering" or "modem" in network settings. Can't I use it as a modem ?

A. You need 2 things. 1) your phone must support "tethering" as that is the technology that makes the magic happen, and 2) permission from your phone company (AT&T).

To make #1 happen you need IOS 4.x. It supports tethering.
To make #2 happen you need to call AT&T and have them add tethering to your plan. It costs extra per month.

It is my understanding that Verizon will allow their version of the iPhone to act as a wireless hot spot.

iPhone 3g says slide for emergency when restoring without an at&t sim. How do I fix it?
Q. I bought a used iPhone 3G jailbroken (and I don't have at&t) and tried to restore it via itunes in order to sync my music. Now my iphone is stuck on a screen that says "slide for emergency" and I don't know how to get out of this. Help would be greatly appreciated.

A. Restoring it locked it again so you need to either unlock it or get an AT&T sim card to use it again.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment