Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My water damaged iphone 3gs is not covered by warranty, can i make a swap?

Q. Can i take my friends iphone 3gs with a broken screen and send it in for repair? will apple recognize the difference or will they just repair it as if it was my water damaged phone?

A. yup serial numbers. there are serial numbers everywhere on iphones. on the sim card tray and also on the motherboard itself, phone case, etc. what i would do is sell the water damaged phone on ebay and get a 3gs from craigslist. you will end up paying about $10-$20 =))

Where can I buy super cute iPhone covers?
Q. I want a super cute iPhone 3GS cover. Any suggestions where to get one?

A. You can buy cute iPhone 3GS covers online from http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=cute%20iPhone%203GS%20cover&tag=ya-us1-20&index=blended&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

How does jailbreaking my iphone effect my warranty?
Q. So i've had my iphone 3gs for about a month now. When i first got it, my camera was upside down.
My accelerometer was then broken and off center but i didnt know.

So i jailbroke my iphone within the first few weeks.
It then got worse and started titling sideways instead, so i restored it. ("Unjailbroked" it)
and went straight to the apple store.

They gave me a replacement today. Im thinking of jailbreaking it again, but apparently it effects your warranty (as i have just learnt) how?

A. It cancels it. You can't tamper with something and then expect the manufacturer to still replace/repair it. It sounds like you lucked out when you were able to get it replaced. Kudos to you for covering your tracks!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment