Sunday, January 13, 2013

Should I restore my jail broken Iphone to factory settings before getting it activated?

Q. I have a jail broken Iphone 3G. Should I restore it to factory settings before taking it to a AT&T store to get it activated?

A. No. At&t doesn't care. As long as they get their money. Now if you were taking it to apple, that's a whole other story.

What will happen to my unlocked and jail broke iPhone?
Q. Hi! What will happen to my unlocked and jail broke iPhone if i have downloaded the latest version of iTunes and use the downloaded applications in it in my iPhone? Will it cause my iPhone to restore to its original setting and do i have to unlocked it again? Please help me.. I'm scared to try this because it is so expensive to get an iPhone unlocked. Thanks in advance.

A. If you install the latest version of iTunes, the next time you plug your iPhone in, iTunes will force you to update your iPhone to the latest firmware version or you won't be able to sync your iPhone anymore.

But, you can unlock your iPhone again yourself. For this, I keep referring my friends to http://www.iphoneunlock2.com I've personally used it to jailbreak my own iPhone 3G and to unlock my friend's 1st Gen iPhone. Really easy to use, and definitely NOT "so expensive" ;)

Good luck!

Can I install iTunes apps on a jail broken iPhone?
Q. I am thinking about purchasing a jail-broken iPhone and i was wondering if I can put purchased apps for it on iTunes?
Thanks!

A. Yes, the App Store works just like it does for AT&T users. The Store is not through your cell phone account, but through your iTunes account.

Jail broken phones typically come with their own App Store of sorts as well, called Cydia. It is a bit confusing at first but play around with it for a bit- you can do all kinds of things through Cydia that a regular AT&T iPhone cannot do!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment