Friday, January 11, 2013

taking out my iPhone sim card and inserting to a different phone?

Q. If i take out my iPhone sim card and put it in my old phone, and then put it back to my iPhone, will i lose all my contacts and messages? I'd imagine I'd be losing my preferences too and stuff.

A. Nope. The iphone stores all the contacts on the phone itself and not the sim card (other phones you have the choice). Messages, call records, preferences, are almost always stored on the phone itself (and i can tell you that the iphone does too).

If you removed your sim card and put it into another phone, the other phone will be completely without your messages, etc. But the iphone will still have all your settings and records.

If you want to get rid of these settings (and that's your real question) you can do so by plugging it into itunes and clicking restore.

Does the iPhone sim card work with a blackberry phone?
Q. If you remove the iPhone sim card, will it work with an existing at&t blackberry 8700c? Do you loose any functions on the blackberry?
The iPhone does have a sim card.

A. Of course you can pop the SIM!

I know others have successfully used an iPhone SIM in another phone.... try it!

Will my iPhone sim card work in an unlocked g3 mytouch phone?
Q. Also is it hard to remove the iPhone sim card?

A. absolutely if the phone is unlocked.

why would you want to do that?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment