Sunday, January 20, 2013

What apps will work on the iPhone 1st generation?

Q. I just traded my iPod touch 3rd generation for an iPhone 1st generation. While thinking this was a good deal, I didn't know that I wouldn't be able to get any apps. This iPhone has iOS 3.1.3. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I jailbreak the iPhone, would this work to get all the apps I want?

A. jailbreak it and here is one perfect place to let you have these apps
http://download.pandaapp.com/
http://iphone.pandaapp.com/jailbreak/

Can I use the sim card for iphone 1 for iphone 4s?
Q. I'm thinking about getting an iphone 4s on ebay. Is it possible to use the iphone 1 sim card on the iphone 4s? I know that iphone 4s uses a micro-sim but I have a sim cutter. Will all the original phone plans work? Will new features on the 4s work, like Siri and stuff?

A. I would steer you away from the iphones 4s because it has battery drainage problems:
http://www.techieinsider.com/news/13863/battery-drain-problems-continue/

Even Steve Wozniak, co-founder of apple says the same thing and that siri is glitchy:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57360045/apple-co-founder-gripes-about-iphone/

And this is an Apple Legend saying this so you know it has to be bad.

Furthermore, with iphone you do not get Adobe Flash which is required to properly view videos on many websites, it is a huge complaint among iphone owners. Plus you cannot expand memory with iphone if you run out of space but with android you just add a card up to 32gb and you're good to go.

You get more free apps with android, for example angry birds is free with android whereas you have to buy it with apple, or use their "free" version which has a big ad blocking part of the screen getting in the way of gameplay.

Android phones are usually superior in technical specs, faster and more customizable. It is the better choice, that is why it leads the global market in smartphones today even with apple selling a lot of their iphones cheap or free.

And despite the Woz saying iphones are easier to use, ANYONE can use android, he had to say SOMETHING nice about apple lol.

How do I download eBay app on my Iphone 1st generation?
Q. Hello, I have an iPhone 1st generation. I want to download the standard free eBay app. It says I must have IOS 4.0. I updated iTunes but ios 4.0 isn't available for my first gen iPhone. How can I get the app? Thanks

A. You can't get it on a 1st generation iPhone, LOL.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment