Saturday, January 26, 2013

What are the pros and cons of Jailbreaking iPhone 3G?

Q. I want to jailbreak my iPhone 3G and wondering on what are the advantages and disadvantages of Jailbreaking iPhone 3G.

A. Pros: You can do soooo much like change keyboard color, make ringtones and text tones, every app for free, themes, and lots of other cool things. you can also reverse the jailbreak

Cons: If your not careful you can brick your iphone (chances are you wont unless your messing with files on the phone you have no idea what they are) and another con is that you usually dont want to update you iphone when they have updates cause it takes a while for someone to come up with software to jailbreak your phone again

Thinking about jailbreaking iPhone 4, good or bad idea?
Q. I'm thinking about jailbreaking my iPhone 4 but I'm concerned about the insurance, will I still be able to use it if anything happens to my phone? Also whats the best and easiet way to jailbreak it?

A. try this trusted jailbreak guide for iphone 4: Http://bit.ly/k17mt6
it works fine with easy guide.

What are the risks and rewards of jailbreaking my iPhone, and how do I do it?
Q. I am thinking about jailbreaking my iPhone, but I tried to hack my PSP once and screwed it up (bricked it because I did a step wrong), so I am a little nervous. Is there any potential for something to go wrong and I break my phone? What am I able to do once I jailbreak it?

A. Advantages:
1) Allows you to install apps/games from other than AppStore (means, download paid apps free from torrents and install)
2) Allows you to customize your phone, (icons, theme, background etc)
3) Allows you to use iphone as storage device like the iPods.

Disadvantages:
1) Leaves your phone insecure. (any app can read/write/delete any part of the file system leaving it insecure)
2) Some paid apps check if the app is run on jailbroken devices and tend to delete some system files, making the device to corrupt. As a developer, am sure this is possible and many have even wrote code that deletes everything on the iphone leaving it unusable. (Learning this, I stopped jailbreaking my device.)
3) Device starts hanging a lot. (out of personal experience...)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment