Thursday, January 31, 2013

what are the pros and cons of the new iPhone?

Q. I was thinking of getting one tomorrow so what are the pros and cons?
its either the iPhone 4 or Motorola Backflip.

A. The iphone 4 is great! The pros would be the beautiful screen, camera, video, the great apps, it's sooo pretty, great sound, fast internet. I really love it. AT&T service is good in my area, probably the same as Verizon, they are definitely the best here.

My teen son didn't want one when I was ordering for myself and my dh, because he mostly texts and the iphone isn't that good for texting on, especially if you text a lot. (The program they used in the past was better, it hasn't been good for awhile now, including on the iphone 4.) It also is a bit large to carry in his pocket all the time. He doesn't want the distraction of having internet on his phone, but he uses ours when we're all out.

Other cons would be that it has a glass front and back, so if dropped it may shatter easier than previous matters. Also, there is no more unlimited internet for new customers, but we got to keep ours since we already had it on our plan. But the new measured service is less expensive and likely enough for most.

If you don't need a phone right away and you plan to get the iphone 4, I would make sure you can get a good screen film and good case. They are just coming out now, and I think the iphone 4 needs the protection. My dh and I still have on the temporary film that came from Apple (which doesn't look great), and cases from Best Buy that we aren't crazy about, but the company I like to buy from doesn't have their iphone 4cases ready yet.

These are the best screen films, they sell them at the Apple store, but they aren't coming out for a couple of weeks. http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/iphone-4/anti-glare-film.html

We also bought insurance from SquareTrade, and I've never bought insurance for a previous iphone (or any other type of electronics), but this iphone seems more fragile: http://www.squaretrade.com/ My dh has dropped his several times, including at Dodger Stadium on the cement steps, but it was fine, his is wearing a gel-like case. But I thought I still better get the insurance, just in case. Try discount code SlickPhone4 or SlickiPhone4 for a discount, not sure if they still work.

Good luck with your decision!

Is Verizon sending me a refurbished phone?
Q. I bought an iPhone about a month ago and the phone won't let me end calls without turning the entire phone off. I went into Verizon today and they said they are going to send me another phone. Someone told me it is going to be refurbished. I don't want a refurbished phone I think they should send me a new one. Is this true? Thank you.

A. Generally speaking, Verizon's defective device replacement policy is to send the customer a refurbished device. These devices are repaired in their repair facility, defective parts are replaced, most current software is loaded & the device is thoroughly tested before it goes back out into the world. If the device fails testing, it is usually sent back to the manufacturer. However, since they haven't had the iPhone for long, chances are, they most likely will send a new one, if there isn't a refurb available. Their warehouse just sends whatever is available to fulfill the timeframe for arrival quoted. Either way, most likely, you won't be able to tell the difference since it won't be in the same packaging with any of the accessories that came with the new phone. But it wont have any scratches, nicks, dings, stripped screws, etc to indicate its a refurb. Hope this helps! Best wishes & good luck!

I woudl like to by a smartphone, need suggestions?
Q. Here's what i would like to do with phone: taking pictures, music, videos, internet, touch screen etc...
And good battery please, my friend got iphone 5 and it dies in few hours, he uses internet alot though. Thanks for help!

A. Samsung Galaxy SIII:

The good: The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes fully loaded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4G LTE/HSPA+ 42 capability, a zippy dual-core processor, and a strong 8-megapixel camera. S Beam is an excellent software enhancement, and the handset's price is right.

The bad: The Galaxy S3's screen is too dim, and Samsung's Siri competitor, S Voice, disappointed.

iPhone 5:

The good: The iPhone 5 adds everything we wanted in the iPhone 4S: 4G LTE, a longer, larger screen, free turn-by-turn navigation, and a faster A6 processor. Plus, its top-to-bottom redesign is sharp, slim, and feather-light.

The bad: Apple Maps feels unfinished and buggy; Sprint and Verizon models can't use voice and data simultaneously. The smaller connector renders current accessories unusable without an adapter. There's no NFC, and the screen size pales in comparison to jumbo Android models




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment