Friday, January 11, 2013

What are the risks and rewards of jailbreaking my iPhone, and how do I do it?

Q. I am thinking about jailbreaking my iPhone, but I tried to hack my PSP once and screwed it up (bricked it because I did a step wrong), so I am a little nervous. Is there any potential for something to go wrong and I break my phone? What am I able to do once I jailbreak it?

A. Advantages:
1) Allows you to install apps/games from other than AppStore (means, download paid apps free from torrents and install)
2) Allows you to customize your phone, (icons, theme, background etc)
3) Allows you to use iphone as storage device like the iPods.

Disadvantages:
1) Leaves your phone insecure. (any app can read/write/delete any part of the file system leaving it insecure)
2) Some paid apps check if the app is run on jailbroken devices and tend to delete some system files, making the device to corrupt. As a developer, am sure this is possible and many have even wrote code that deletes everything on the iphone leaving it unusable. (Learning this, I stopped jailbreaking my device.)
3) Device starts hanging a lot. (out of personal experience...)

How long should the second reboot take after jailbreaking an iphone 4?
Q. im jailbreaking my iphone 4 but after it reboots the second time it just stays there and says waiting for reboot. its been like 10 min what did i do wrong?

A. you probably did something wrong.

What are the cons of jailbreaking an iPhone?
Q. What are the cons of jailbreaking an iPhone? You can give me the pros to.

A. The Pro's are too many to mention, the only con is that you have to wait to update to the latest firmware.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment