Thursday, January 24, 2013

What's the best iPhone car dock with an audio jack?

Q. I had the TomTom for iPhone adapter and with that I could mount my iPhone on the windshield while charging it. It also had a 3.5mm audio input jack that I could connect an auxiliary cord with. Is there something similar out there that I can dock my phone in a cigarette dock, but also something that I can plug my auxiliary cord into so that when I dock it, the audio and power connect automatically?

A. There is actually a great ipod car integration kit sold at www.gtacarkits.com Use the tool on the left side of the homepage to determine if your car is compatible. If it is, the kit plugs directly into the back of your stereo, and allows you to plug your iphone by the charge port to listen to your music in the car, and control the songs from your car radio controls. It will also charge your iphone. The kit is affordable ($100-120). The install takes less then an hour to do, and you will get cd quality audio coming from your ipod onto your car speakers. You will also get an aux input included with our kit, so you can connect any other device that isnt an apple product.

What is the minimum current (mA) to charge an iPhone 3GS?
Q. I'd like to know this since my iPhone won't charge from a car adapter, that outputs 350 mA. Thanks in advance.

A. That is very low since iPhones, iPad and maybe iPods require min of 1000 mA current and 5V dc. These chargers can be purchased from ebay for a trivial charge.
There are also solar charger and travel chargers for iPhone but they all aftermarket. Some of them run iPhone but not ipads

What is a good car adapter for ipod touch?
Q. I need an adapter or whatever it is called for my ipod touch. What are some good cheap ones? Like $10 or under or maybe even $15.

A. http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-CABLE-CAR-WALL-CHARGER-IPOD-NANO-TOUCH-iPHONE-/170513864115?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories

really really inexpensive, includes; car adapter, wall adapter, and cool retractable charge/sync cable




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment