Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What is the difference between contract and unlocked iphone 4s?

Q. what is the difference between contract and unlocked iphone 4s? I know that unlocked versions will have a all the features of the iphone, but what about the contract ones? What happens when the contract expires?

A. An unlocked iPhone can be used with any GSM carrier in the world. Apple sells them for full retail. A locked iPhone is sold at a significant discount and can only be used with the specific carrier. AT&T will only unlock an iPhone after the contract has expired. If there are local GSM carriers that offer the iPhone, you will have to inquire as to their unlocking policy.

How do I activate my unlocked iphone on t-mobile?
Q. I already have t-mobile, but a sidekick phone. I bought an unlocked iphone 3gs, so how do I activate onto my current carrier? Do I need to purchase a special data plan or will my sidekick data plan work?

A. Just pop in your sim into the unlocked iPhone. Your sidekick data plan should work, if not just call them and tell them you have an some Android phone and ask for their data package. That's how my iPhone is currently connected, with an Android G1 internet package and i have had no problems.

How can I upgrade the firmware on an unlocked iPhone 3GS?
Q. I have an unlocked iPhone 3GS that I am currently running on TMobile service. It is running the 3.0 firmware and I would like to upgrade it to at least 3.1.2 in order to run certain apps. I bought the phone unlocked and am unfamiliar with the process. Is there any tutorial available that can explain what I need to do to upgrade?

A. to unlock the iphone 3.1.2 There are many guides explaining the procedure




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment