Thursday, January 17, 2013

What will the value of the iPhone 4 be, after the release of the iPhone 4s on the 14th October?

Q. I have seen the whole 90 minute video by apple on iOS 5 and the new iPhone 4s, and I love it! I currently own an iPhone 4, and I want to know how much my iPhone will be worth after, the 14th October. I do not want the apple retail price, but the price for an excellent condition, second-hand iPhone 4.
Best answer 10 points >.>

A. Well, TECHNICALLY the "worth" of the iPhone 4 will be lowered at the very moment the 4S is released (which is silly, because it's really not that great of an upgrade...i'm personally waiting for a 5).

However, this by no means makes your iPhone 4 worthless. While the worth of the device is lowered in the eyes of the mobile providers that supply it, it will still be worth a great deal of money because it is still a product that many will gladly take in place of a 4S if given the opportunity.

For example, you can expect the price of the iPhone 4 to be substantially lower for those who are upgrading/going on a contract with AT&T or Verizon.

You are not expected to do the same if you sell your iPhone 4 on eBay because, even though it will cost the customer more to buy from you than a mobile provider, you will still be selling it for a LOT less than Apple will be asking for on their website or in their stores.

Here is my advice. Google how to UNLOCK your iPhone 4 before listing it to sell. Doing this makes the device usable on networks outside whoever Apple designed it for (AT&T or Verizon), thus adding anywhere from $100-$200 to it's value (seriously. go to eBay and compare prices of used iPhone 4's and used and UNLOCKED iPhone 4's). To put that in perspective, you can buy unlocked iPhone 4's directly from Apple...and it's about $800 (I suspect maybe $600 once the 4S releases, but that's still a lot of money!).

Unlock the iPhone and you are guaranteed to get more money. A lot of things factor in to how much you can get for it.

-The items condition. You say it's excellent, which will make it worth a lot more.\
-The hard drive size. 32GB is worth $100 more than 16GB.
-The color. White models of the iPhone 4 are harder to find thus enabling you to ask for at least $50 more (I'd add $100).
-Accessories. If you are including a charger/blue tooth/head phones/etc. it will be worth more.
-Original packaging. If you have that, you can sell it "like new" and expect a lot of cash.
-Unlocked. Yes, I'm emphasizing this again. Even an unlocked iPhone 3GS is sold for an average price of $200 on eBay, and that phone has been out for over two years.

Just for kicks, I gave eBay a quick glance. I searched using the details you provided us and filled in the blanks to figure out the absolute minimum you could ask for.

An unlocked Verizon or AT&T iPhone 4 16GB Black currently shows up as $280, and that's on an ONGOING auction. It looks like, on average, an iPhone that I just described sells for $375. Factor in if you have more memory, the excellent condition, whether it's a white model and whether you will include accessories, and you could easily sell it for over $500.

For me, personally, if you were selling a black iPhone 4 with 16GB of memory that was in excellent condition and were including a charger, I would offer you $400 right then and there.

Good luck!

Is the Apple Iphone really that good or way over hyped?
Q. I'm thinking about buying a phone (since I can now afford it) but I just wanted to get your opinion on the Iphone. Is it really a good phone?

Also, how much do you have to spend a year to go online and the voice plan?

I'm a bit concerned that it's with ATT since they spy on American Citizens. But if the iphone is that good, I might considered it.

Your thoughts?

A. Depends what you want the phone for. If you're just looking for a web browser, there are better/cheaper phones than the iphone. If you're into the games, apps, and other accessories, than go for the iphone.

I'm with verizon myself, and just bought a samsung omnia. It's pretty much an iphone (touchscreen, internet, im, etc), but without the apps. But it's got a 5.0 mp camera, which blows away almost any phone I know (the pics are great!); the web browser works great, and it's got a windows mobile suite, so I can bring docs, spreadsheets, etc. with me wherever I go. Plus, the phone service is great (the main complaint I hear from iphone users is that it's great for everything except making phone calls).

As far as the spying, I hear you loud and clear, and can appreciate the fact that verizon was the only provider that didn't submit to DHS requests for it's customers data. Still, I doubt any of them are really being honest anyway...

Why does my cell phone make my computer speakers emit noise?
Q. Whenever I have my AT&T phone near my computer and I'm about to recieve a call or a text, it makes my speakers (from the computer) emit these weird feedback noises. It also does it if I'm on the phone near the computer. My old Verizon phone didn't do this. I'm sure it's not harming anything but is it just radio interference or something weird like that? Anyone else had this happen? Thanks!

A. Its a common occurrence. Its known as the GSM buzz.

It has to do with how the GSM networks work. That's why you never noticed it with your Verizon phone. The RF in a GSM phone "pluses" and its picked up by devices that aren't shielded well. The pulse rate is in a spectrum that is easily heard where as a CDMA network like Verizon was always on in a spectrum that isn't as audible.

Its actually been a big problem for the iphone. You have to put in in "airline mode" when using a dock, tape adapter, or other accessory or you end up with the buzz.

Here are two articles the discuss it, why it happens, and how to prevent it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment