Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Why does my cell phone make my computer speakers emit noise?

Q. Whenever I have my AT&T phone near my computer and I'm about to recieve a call or a text, it makes my speakers (from the computer) emit these weird feedback noises. It also does it if I'm on the phone near the computer. My old Verizon phone didn't do this. I'm sure it's not harming anything but is it just radio interference or something weird like that? Anyone else had this happen? Thanks!

A. Its a common occurrence. Its known as the GSM buzz.

It has to do with how the GSM networks work. That's why you never noticed it with your Verizon phone. The RF in a GSM phone "pluses" and its picked up by devices that aren't shielded well. The pulse rate is in a spectrum that is easily heard where as a CDMA network like Verizon was always on in a spectrum that isn't as audible.

Its actually been a big problem for the iphone. You have to put in in "airline mode" when using a dock, tape adapter, or other accessory or you end up with the buzz.

Here are two articles the discuss it, why it happens, and how to prevent it.

Can I get the 2 year contract deals for joining verizon wireless plan?
Q. Hi, so me and my mom are deciding to join my brothers Verizon wireless plan. He can fit up to 10 people. Him and his friends signed up for it on black friday, and they got the 2 year contract deals on various phones. Now its almost christmas and i was wondering if i could buy the iphone 5 for the two year contract deal which is $200 dollars for joining my brothers plan. Someone please help me out! thanks!

A. yes you can. The iPhone 5 will only be $200 plus tax & they'll try to get you to buy accessories. The S3 might even go on sale after Christmas. If I were you, I'd go into the Verizon store and choose what one you'd like before you just get it.

Will a droid smart phone fit in an Iphone dock?
Q. This may be a dumb question but I am not a techie! I am considering buying a Droid phone, but all the accessories and apps are made for I-phone. My question is this; If I buy a Droid will it dock in an I-phone docking station?

A. No of course not. Verizon sells a docking station made for the Droid




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment