Sunday, January 6, 2013

Will an iPhone bought from the US work if used in the Philippines without unlocking it?

Q. Since the Philippines already have an official network carrier for the iPhone, does the iPhone bought from the Philippines have different phone settings from those bought from the US? Buying from the US should be more practical because it's only $199 compared to retail stores here which are selling at Php37599 for the 8gb models and Php43799 for the 16gb models.

A. No it would not work. The reason why is because the US sells locked iphones - this means that you must use the US carrier AT&T for your iPhone bought in the US. Besides, you must buy a contract with the iPhone.

Why does buying the iPhone 4 on eBay cost more than the iPhone bought from the Apple Store?
Q. Why does buying the iPhone 4 on eBay cost more than the iPhone bought from the Apple Store?
And I don't mean buying the phone from the Apple store with a plan. I mean buying it from the Apple store WITHOUT the contract.

A. No lol I see what your saying. People are selling them for high prices because their trying to make a quick buck. The iphone 4 is in such high demand right now so many people cant wait so they bought the iphone 4 for either 599 or 699 and are selling them for higher to people who can't wait.
:)

How can I unlock an iPhone 3G bought in the States for Europe?
Q. I've been told this is not doable like it was for the original iPhone (bought in US) for use in Europe.

A. The iPhone 3G is NOT unlockable at this time (I would stay away ... very far ... from the TurboSIM or StealthSIM solutions). Just wait a bit and a software unlock solution will soon be available. DON'T TRUST ANYONE CLAIMING THEY CAN UNLOCK THE IPHONE 3G WITH SOFTWARE!! They are plain liars.

However the iPhone 3G can be jailbroken (to add 3rd party apps and install ringtones, wallpapers, etc...)

For this, I keep referring my friends to http://www.iphoneunlock2.com I've personally used it to jailbreak my own iPhone 3G and to unlock my friend's 1st Gen iPhone.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment