Monday, April 1, 2013

Can anyone recommend something to help me get a stronger wifi signal in my house?

Q. My family has the following connected to one network: 2 iphones, 1 ipad, wii, blueray player, 4 ipods and 1 wireless printer. The more we get, the worse the signal is. It kicks us off the network 80% of the time. Comcast says our encryption is too high. Att has said we need a newer router/modem or signal booster. Who is correct? Thx

A. The more you have connected to any router will slow down the speed of the internet. Most older home wireless router will only let you have up to x number of wireless devices.

two router that can help you

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058NN6CS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=prom_day-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0058NN6CS because it has a dedicated video mode and Clear Channel Selector

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KG44V0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=prom_day-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005KG44V0 because it has 900 Mbps, 2.4 & 5GHz, and 3D & HD video streaming & multiplayer gaming

On my iphone 3gs if 3g is switched on but im using wifi am i using any amount on my data plan ?
Q. I got a signal booster for my house giving me 5 bars at all times but requires 3g to be switched on, i use wifi but only get 500mb on my plan and am scared i am using this.

A. I ATT is a ripoff, they charge u for using the internet.... wifi is only the type of connection, they are charging u for using the internet! for surfing, they don't care how u got there.. Call them and ask if u don't believe me! hopes this helps!

How can I improve my iPhone 3G's signal reception in my apartment?
Q. I live in an apartment building that receives very poor AT&T cell reception. Almost every time I try to place a call in my apartment the connection fails or my phone drops the call. It's getting very frustrating and I would like to be able to make a call without needing to go outside! Is there something I can purchase (under $100) that will help my signal? Perhaps some sort of plug-in device that can attach to the bottom of the phone? I'd appreciate any product recommendations or suggestions. Thanks!

A. Yes, they make stuff like that. Go to 3gstore.com. they have a lot of good free info and sell tons of antennaes and boosters etc. They claim to have good customer service, but I have never called them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment