Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Can my otter box iPhone case help prevent radiation off my phone?

Q. So my mom just gave me her old iPhone 4S, but my step dad doesn't want me having a phone right now.. (How should I tell him with our him taking it back? Cuz I still don't know anyone where I got PCS across the county an have no friends here still.. It's been 2 1/2 weeks!!) so I hide it in my shirt all the time. It has an otter box case on it but does it still give off as much radiation?? Because my family already has medical issues an I'm already scared of those. I don't want to add another thing. It would be really helpful to know this. Cuz I don't know how much longer I have to hide this.

A. Your phone doesn't give off any radiation. There is nothing radioactive about a telephone, NOTHING AT ALL.

A telephone operates with radio waves, as do radio and TV transmitters.

A telephone, powered by a battery the size of your thumb for several days doesn't use much power at all.

Microwaves, an extremely low form of energy as transmitted from a telephone are essentially stopped by the hair on your head, or would go about 1/100 of a mm into your skin. Therefore, you can safely totally forget about your worries about your phone.

If you really care, then you should never put on the TV in your house, never use a wireless telephone, only one with a corded headset. They all operate in the high frequency radio bands as well.

There is another form of microwave energy that is more powerful and the worst it can do, bad as that is, is to make your skin sunburned. The sun.

The power of light on your skin is one trillion (10 with 12 trailing zeros) times stronger than your telephone.

Still worried?

Oh, the box? It does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to stop microwaves, since your phone still works.

How do I wash my iPhone otter case?
Q. It's a pink and white case and it's really dirty but I need to clean it. The pink part is clean but the white part not so much. The white part is rubber.

A. Fill a bowl with Luke warm water and soak the flimsy rubber part, then using a damp wet wash clothe clean the hard parts. Then you can dry the rubber and it should be clean

How good are Speck iPhone cases?
Q. I used to have an otter box case because i am ALWAYS dropping my iPhone. But through constantly taking of the otter box (to get it to fit on my radio dock) it began to fall apart, and it was always just plain ugly.
I just got a speck case, but it's so small. I drop my phone a lot, and Im worried this isn't enough protection. Does anyone else have a speck case? Is it good enough protection for being dropped onto concrete and what not?

A. I had a speck case that was plaid for my iPhone 4, I did not break my phone when it was dropped with this case, however it will not provide as much protection as an otter box, but i doubt you will need the extra protection for regular use unless you are doing something where your iphone is likely to be dropped far.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment