Sunday, April 7, 2013

Can you change your iPhone 2g sim card without jail breaking it?

Q. i have a mortorola razr at&t sim card (prepaid) and i have a de-activated iphone 2g. so can i just change the iphone sim card without unlocking or jailbreaking or anything? i'm not chaninging the carrier or anything? i just want to put the sim card of a at&t prepaid phone into an iphone. can i? ..if so, how?

A. You should be able to.

When you put a new sim card in an iPhone you still have to activate it through iTunes.

Simply put the new sim card in the iPhone and plug it into your computer, ensuring that iTunes is on the computer.

The iPhone should open iTunes and you should be able to activate the iPhone.

If you take out the iPhone sim card would the option still work with out the phone service.?
Q. If you take out the iPhone sim card would the option still work with out the phone service.
Thanks.
When you take the iPhone sim card out and connect to iTunes What will happend?

A. good question!

I'm trying it now!

first it complains, then I reboot

wifi works, apps work,,, phone does not!

Not bad!!

then I put it back in... back to normal!


UPDATE... perhaps if you marked some of my answers as best... I might try that!

Can my friend put his iPhone SIM card in my unactivated iPhone? Will it need to be activated to use at all?
Q. I got a refurbished iPhone, and I haven't had the chance to activate it. I noticed the silent switch either doesn't vibrate at all, or is very weak. Can my buddy put his iPhone SIM card in my iPhone to test if the vibration works for calls? Or would it have to be activated online with his info?

A. you can but as gabriel said it is illigeal to do but many people do do this to there phones




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment