Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Does the iphone 4s software work on a 3gs iphone?

Q. I was just wondering if anybody has tried putting the new iphone 4s software onto a 3gs iphone. I know that the new software works on the iphone 4 but have heard that if you put it onto a 3gs iphone it doesn't work properly? Does anybody know for sure, or have tried it?

A. iOS 5 works perfectly on the 3GS, but if you are talking about Siri, it's only available on the 4S. However, a developer managed to install it on the iPhone 4 and it worked, but I don't think the 3GS has enough processing power and RAM to support it.

Do you think the price of a 3GS iphone will come down a lot after they release the 4G iphone in Canada?
Q. Do you think it is worth for me to wait to get a 3GS iphone until after July or September? This will be my first phone so i'm so excited to have it but if the price will come down a lot, i think i can still wait.

A. sure the must massively reduce the price!

Does jailbreaking your iphone work and is it worth it?
Q. I have a 3Gs iPhone.
I just wanna know because I think it'd be cool to do it, but I've also heard of it slowing your phone down to eventually messing it up. Please let me know what you think.

A. all the answers have "thumbs down"? haha i have the same phone. i dont wanna risk it until my warranty expires.
CONS: if some how the iphone wont be able to do a factory reset apple will not replace it for cheap if they find out the phone was jail-broken. "apple logo of death" google it haha. not with all jailbroken iphones but common with or without it being jailbroken.
PROS: i've heard/seen pretty kool things from jailbreaking.

But if jailbreaking happens to mess it up i dont wanna risk it with my phone and my source of on-the-go music. i'd say if your warranty has expired on it, i would try it! ;) hope this helps somehow. good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment