Saturday, April 27, 2013

How can I improve my iPhone 3G's signal reception in my apartment?

Q. I live in an apartment building that receives very poor AT&T cell reception. Almost every time I try to place a call in my apartment the connection fails or my phone drops the call. It's getting very frustrating and I would like to be able to make a call without needing to go outside! Is there something I can purchase (under $100) that will help my signal? Perhaps some sort of plug-in device that can attach to the bottom of the phone? I'd appreciate any product recommendations or suggestions. Thanks!

A. Yes, they make stuff like that. Go to 3gstore.com. they have a lot of good free info and sell tons of antennaes and boosters etc. They claim to have good customer service, but I have never called them.

Is there a cellular signal booster for the iphone that works?
Q. Shopping for a signal booster for the iphone that works with AT&T cellular

A. if you mean for your home, yes, there are addons to your router to boost the wi-fi signal.

if you mean at a wi-fi hot spot or at&t's edge network ... no, there is no provision for an extrernal antenna.... yet!


What kind of wi-fi router do you have at home (or work). Most have addon antennas or repeaters

Is my wireless router working as a booster arial?
Q. I have an IPhone 3GS on orange (uk) and live in a newly built town house so reception is quite poor, but when I connect to my wireless router I suddenly get signal in place I normally don't. Then I tried the same thing with my neighbours wireless router (with permission) but i didnt get a reception boost. Is my wireless router working as a boaster Arial? And if so how does this work?

A. yes it is acting as a amp. here is a link that will help you may be just click on networks http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment