Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How do I know if my Iphone is unlocked?

Q. A while back I found an ATT iPhone 4 and recently decided to jailbreak it. I want to use my iPhone 4 on T-mobile,so how do I know if its unlocked?

A. If you have recently jailbroken this phone, odds are that it needs to be unlocked as well.

Beg/borrow/steal a T-Mobile SIM card that has already been cut down to the right size and insert it. If the phone is unlocked, the top left corner will read "T-Mobile" (active SIM card) or "No Service" (inactive SIM card). If you just get a blank with empty signal bars, then the phone is likely not yet unlocked.

Can I use Verizon Sim Card in ATT iPhone?
Q. I have an att iphone 4 ios 6.01, but my carrier is verizon. I have a sim card for my old Verizon phone but someone told me that it is a LTE sim card and that it is different and won't work even if i unlock or jail break the iphone. Is this true?

A. Yes it's true, it won't work. AT&T and Verizon use two totally different technologies.

Can a friend with ATT Iphone plan buy a new Iphone for me?
Q. I was wondering if my friend (who already has an ATT Iphone plan and the new Iphone) can buy another Iphone and claim it under his existing plan and give me the new one?
So if he claimed his old Iphone was stolen, he'll still have to pay $399? I just want an iphone to use it on tmobile

A. Yes. He would just have to buy the new iPhone and then add it to his plan. Then you can use the iPhone on his plan.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment