Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How to clean an iPhone 5 case made of TPU material?

Q. Several months ago I bought this iPhone case (link below) and now it's collected some grey in the areas where my fingers normally would be while holding my phone, and is significantly darker (pretty much black) all around the outer edges. It almost looks like I took pencil lead and ran it on the edges over and over again.

I've read in a few forums that TPU material absorbs things but doesn't do well with releasing them, which makes me sad because I really admire this case since it's so unique! I haven't actually tried cleaning it yet because I'm afraid of damaging it, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or could direct me towards a solution that worked for them. Thanks in advance!

https://www.cellairis.com/product/iluv-pulse-i-case-for-apple-iphone-5-blue-pink

A. You can hand-wash that case with a little dish soap and a toothbrush. Make sure you remove all paper and cardboard first. (And of course remove your phone, too,) Then scrub the case with just a drop or two of dish soap, water, and a toothbrush. Rinse well under running water. Then set the case on a clean, dry towel to air dry.

For really stubborn marks, scrub with a non-gel toothpaste and a toothbrush. Again, rinse well under running water.


Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) just plastic. Soap and water won't hurt it.

-

how do you get dirts stains off of a hard rubber phone case?
Q. my white rubber incipio iphone case has dirt and oil stains on it and i cant seem to get them off. ive tried rubbing alcohol and scrubbing it with a toothbrush and hasnt been successful. any other ideas?

A. If you are looking for iphone cases then you might not have looked at this amazing one. It's actually a little unique and really exciting and classy, and yes it works with a Blackberry mobile phone also.

Has anyone found a unique iphone case website?
Q. I'm looking for a designer case. One that is kind of like a skin. ( Not a pouch that it comes in and out of, something that you keep it in all the time even when talking on it) I can't find any web sites like this. Has anyone else having any luck?

A. I would say Try Chiefpick.com they do have tons of iphone cases




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment