Sunday, April 28, 2013

How to set a background on my 3g iphone homescreen?

Q. I have the 3g iphone and updated to the new 4ios software avaialble from itunes. Should I be able to change the background of my homescreen or is that a feature of just the iphone 4?

A. It's only a feature on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.

Trust me I had a 3G and couldn't change the background.

Whats the difference between 3GS iphone and 3G iphone?
Q. Hi,

Whats the difference between 3GS iphone and 3G iphone, if its the connection speed how much faster is the 3GS from the 3G?
Also, can you use microsoft words on the iphone, and do you have to buy the apps for it or can you get it for free?

Thanks!

A. http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/


Connection speed is not faster, the phone itself is (double the processing power, double the RAM).

What do you mean by using Microsoft Word? Like reading documents or actually creating them?

I don't think you can use Office products on the iPhone, but you can use GoogleDocs, which is the same thing except it's web-based.

Some apps are free (most), but some are not and must be paid for. You can jailbreak your iPhone to get the Cydia app store but I don't recommend it unless you really have a reason to do so.

What happens when 2g and 3g Iphone sim cards are swapped?
Q. I was told by an AT&T rep, if I upgraded to 3g an let my wife transfer her number to my 2g Iphone she would not be able to keep the $20.00 data/text plan. Would we be able to keep the $20.00 data/text plan for one phone + $30.00 data/$5.00 text for the other phone if she upgraded from her razor phone to a 3g iphone and then we swapped phones and sim cards?

A. The guaranteed correct answer is:

If you buy a 3G iPhone to replace your 2G, once the new 3G is active on YOUR line, you ABSOLUTELY may let your wife use the 2G and she will get the 20/mo iPhone plan.

ALL 2G iphones have the $20 plan, even now. You may need to secure a new SIM card for the 2G phone. This can be picked up at no cost at the AT&T store.
Or- better yet- go to an ATT store and have then make the changes for you, then if you need a new SIM for her- you're already there.

I'm sorry for the misinformation you were given.

Hope this helps




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment