Friday, April 26, 2013

If I have a locked iphone 3G is it possible to go to AT&T and have them put my phone number in and use it?

Q. I have a used Iphone 3G, if I bring it to a AT&T store will they be able to transfer my information into it. The phone is locked, and still says it has the old owners phone number on it.

A. If the original service provider was AT&T your in luck! You just need a new SIM card, call AT&T and set up a service plan (highly recommend you get some kind of data plan along with a voice plan) Now if it was not an AT&T phone, it may be locked to whatever network it was on before (Verizon for example) In this case, you would either have to go with that service provider or Jailbreak your iPhone. To Jailbreak it go to the following blog for instructions: http://theiphonejailbreak.blogspot.com/ Very easy to do, but keep in mind if there is still a manufacturers warranty on the iPhone, Jailbreaking it will most likely void the warranty.

Good Luck!!

How do I update my iPhone 3G to ios 6?
Q. My iPhone 3G is version 4.2.1 now. Itunes doesn't notify me to update my phone, unlike my cousin, she's using iphone 3G too but hers is up to date because itunes update it automatically. How do I update my phone?

A. Apple officially left the iPhone 3G behind to run iOS 4.2.1 firmware forever. But iPhone 3GS can be updated.

Can you use an iPhone 3G without a data plan?
Q. I am already on a family plan with plenty of minutes and unlimited texting. My mom wont pay for anymore though so i cant get a $30 data plan. Im not excited about paying it myself because i dont need it since i already have a laptop. Can i use the iPhone 3G without a data plan?

A. No, you are required to sign up for the data plan when you buy the 3G iPhone.

And just so you know, the 3G iPhone is useless without it...

You won't be able to use (without Wi-Fi) :
Safari, Weather, Mail, Maps, Stocks, and YouTube. If you use any of these without unlimited data, you will get a hefty charge (one YouTube video is $200).

Also, that means that the 3G part and the GPS are useless.

GPS relies on Maps which rely on the internet (sure, you can use it with Wi-Fi...but what good does that do for you if you have a GPS that you can't move with?)

But anyway, you're still required to have it. And it's in-store activated (so you can't leave the store with the 3G iPhone without having the unlimited data plan and contract with AT&T).

Later, AT&T will release a no-contract iPhone 3G which will be $599/$699.

Expensive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment