Saturday, April 6, 2013

If you jailbreak your iPhone will you lose internet access on it?

Q. I have T-Mobile and was going to buy the iPhone and jailbreak it so I can use it with my network but one of my friends did the same thing with the same company and she lost all her internet access. But she has the iPhone 4 and I'm getting the iPhone 3Gs. So will I lose the internet if I get the iPhone 3Gs and jailbreak it?

A. Jailbroken or not you will be able to use internet on your phone... iPhone (as well as almost all modern phones) supports the following methods for internet connection:

1.) WiFi (which is free, most of the time):
2.) Network-Based (which isn't exactly as fast as WiFi but you can use this as long as you have signal; this technology is not free, however, you need to consult with your Network Service Provider, AT&T or T-Mobile whichever you will be using, for the rates, terms of service and promos)

Upon changing the SIM Card of your iPhone to T-Mobile, you will not be able to use the services of the Network Provider that you have replaced; in other words, if your old service supports MMS Picture Messaging, 3G Network Internet, etc, you would not be able to do that in your iPhone anymore unless you have it activated (or get a plan that supports) by your new network provider.

Note that upon changing the SIM Card, you will only replace services that are Network Provider-dependent, that being said, WiFi, GPS (if applicable), and other features of the iPhone that has nothing to do with AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. would still remain functional.

Can i buy an unlocked iphone and put my sim in it?
Q. Actually it would be a gift, but my bf has tmobile and i wanted to give him an iphone. Can I just buy an unlocked iphone or do i buy any iphone and jailbreak it?

A. If the iPhone is unlocked then you can put any sim card in it.

If you purchase an iPhone 4, it uses a micro sim card, that is smaller than a standard sim. You can easily cut down a standard sim card to fit though.

Can I jailbreak my iphone using my iphones internet?
Q. My mom won't let me download anything on to the computer so I was wondering if there was a website i could go onto from my iphone to jailbreak it?
If so what is the website?

A. yep There's a site to jailbreak your iphone via safari. So all you gotta do is go to Jailbreakme.com and if your verison isn't too high all you gotta do is slide to jailbreak and let the website do what it needs to do for it to jailbreak your iPhone. Hope that helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment