Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Is it possible to turn off an iphone without using the sleep button?

Q. I have a 3GS iphone with a broken sleep button, and I would love a solution that allows me to turn off my phone without using the button. My phone is not jailbroken.

A. Well I would jailbreak it and then you can get SBSettings and then you can turn it off that way.

Will there ever be a jailbreak for iphone 3gs?
Q. I have a 3gs iphone with 4.0.1 and new bootrom. Is there ever going to be a jailbreak for one. Honestly I think comex stuff is a lye. One minute it needs fix then it will be released this day but now it has another problem and needs another week. I think he is just playing around with people.

A. i think you can jailbreak it if you are previously jailbroken. my friend did it for his 4.0.1 3gs with this http://bit.ly/coMhz4 but it's not free

How can I make hotspot work on iphone 3gs?
Q. I have TMobile service and own a phone that works well--both wifi and hotspot--being 4g. I do want to get an iphone but my contract with tmobile is not up for renewal until 2014. So, my friend, who recently got a new iphone, got her 3gs iphone unlocked and gave it to me. I love it but:
1) the bar on top of the screen keeps showing tmobile E...
2) hotspot don't work!!
3)when Im out it starts loses network on and off.
What should I do?

A. Hey NS.

Firstly, I think you need to purchase a hotspot feature on Tmobile to get hotspot to work. (or maybe not as I just read it's included in your data)

Secondly, your friend's unlocked iPhone 3GS data does not work on your T-Mobile Network. The reason is your friend's unlocked iPhone 3GS data cannot connect to T-Mobile's 1700 AWS Band (which is what TMobile is on.)

Thirdly, I don't think iPhones work on T-Mobile's data network and if it is it might only be the iPhone 5.

So to answer your question:
1) the bar on top of the screen keeps showing tmobile E...
-Yes that's how it should be.

2) hotspot don't work!!
-No it won't work on Edge.

3)when Im out it starts loses network on and off.
-Yes because your friend's unlocked iPhone 3GS is not compatible with the 1700 AWS network of TMobile. If you were on AT&T then yes, your friend's unlocked iPhone 3GS would work PERFECTLY.

You should try getting a Tmobile phone like the Samsung Galaxy S2. If hotspot doesn't work or they charge you for it, you ROOT it and there's a hotspot hack that will work on it.

Hope that answers your question.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment