Monday, April 1, 2013

Is my wireless router working as a booster arial?

Q. I have an IPhone 3GS on orange (uk) and live in a newly built town house so reception is quite poor, but when I connect to my wireless router I suddenly get signal in place I normally don't. Then I tried the same thing with my neighbours wireless router (with permission) but i didnt get a reception boost. Is my wireless router working as a boaster Arial? And if so how does this work?

A. yes it is acting as a amp. here is a link that will help you may be just click on networks http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help

Should I buy an iPhone from Virgin Mobile?
Q. Buying an iPhone from Virgin Mobile is very expensive because it is no contract. The issue is that there is no coverage. Does Apple itself offer special coverage? It is really worth it to buy one?

A. It's a trade off between the cost and freedom. As for me I prefer freedom and would never buy an iPhone with a contract.
And if the coverage is not good you may think about buying a mobile signal amplifier (booster). I think that you will find the one here - http://www.ishopamplifiers.com/for-small-houses.html

How do I get better iPhone reception?
Q. Is there an external anttenna I could buy too get better service?

A. If duct tape doesn't work they do sell cell phone signal boosters.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment