Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Should I restore my jail broken Iphone to factory settings before getting it activated?

Q. I have a jail broken Iphone 3G. Should I restore it to factory settings before taking it to a AT&T store to get it activated?

A. No. At&t doesn't care. As long as they get their money. Now if you were taking it to apple, that's a whole other story.

What will happen to my unlocked and jail broke iPhone?
Q. Hi! What will happen to my unlocked and jail broke iPhone if i have downloaded the latest version of iTunes and use the downloaded applications in it in my iPhone? Will it cause my iPhone to restore to its original setting and do i have to unlocked it again? Please help me.. I'm scared to try this because it is so expensive to get an iPhone unlocked. Thanks in advance.

A. If you install the latest version of iTunes, the next time you plug your iPhone in, iTunes will force you to update your iPhone to the latest firmware version or you won't be able to sync your iPhone anymore.

But, you can unlock your iPhone again yourself. For this, I keep referring my friends to http://www.iphoneunlock2.com I've personally used it to jailbreak my own iPhone 3G and to unlock my friend's 1st Gen iPhone. Really easy to use, and definitely NOT "so expensive" ;)

Good luck!

What can you do on a jail broken iPhone compared to no jail broken iPhone?
Q. Like what can a jail broken iPhone do that one that isn't cant do?? What's the point of jail breaking your iPhone??

A. When you jailbreak your iPhone you get the Cydia store installed. Cydia is basically the unofficial app store where you can instal tweaks and apps that Apple does not allow to be done. You can install tweaks for things like adding extra icons do your dock, some cool new ways to unlock the device, theres gameboy and other video game emulators you can get. Really the possibilities are endless on what you can do with a jailbroken iPhone. You should read through some lists of the best Cydia apps and tweaks before you actually jailbreak. If you do decide to jailbreak do NOT upgrade to iOS 6.1.3 Appel just released the update yesterday and it blocks the jailbreak completely. If you are not already running iOS 6.1.2 or earlier then you cant update through iTuned or over the air. You need to download a iOS 6.1.2 .IPSW file from a 3rd party website in order to jailbreak. (make sure you get the one for your device) after that get the evasi0n program from the internet (easiest way to jailbreak) and just hit the jailbreak button. Good Luck.
PS. the people that made evasi0n said they were not going to work on a new jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and there gonna wait till iOS 7 drops sometime later this year.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment