Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What accessories should i buy with my iphone 4?

Q. I'm getting my first iphone and it's coming in today. I ordered my otterbox last night, but it won't be in for 3-5 weeks. I would like a good case for the time being, due to my clumsiness. I can get 3 accessories for 40% off with my iphone purchase, so what items should i get? should i go to the apple store and ask for a free case rather than buying one?

A. I love the looks of Barely There case for iPhone 4 http://iphone-4-case.org/barely-there-iphone-4-case/ but still up to decide if I really need one.

How do I get a prototype made for my idea?
Q. Hello,

I currently have an idea for an iphone accessories.It could actually be for all phones not just iphones. However, I need to get this thing developed but have no clue to where to start. Can anyone out there help me? Who do I go talk to in order to get this accessory made? I would highly appreciate it. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

A. You need an enclosure, board layout, firmware programming, etc. Contact an electronics R&D shop, there are plenty of them out there.

Just so you know, the skills and materials needed for this kind of thing are expensive, so be prepared to shell out a lot of cash and be on the hunt for investors. Some R&D firms will meet you half way by reducing upfront costs in exchange for a share of the profits. Its part of the deal, usually inventors only see 10% or so the profits from their idea, but it is better than nothing.

Also, don't be lured in by cheap outsourcing firms...I made this mistake. They'll farm it out to China, but since China doesn't have any copyright or patent laws, they'll "borrow" your design and make their own cheap knockoff after 3-6 months go by, putting you out of business. They even did this with Apple's iPhone and iPad.

Is is still worth it getting an iphone 4s?
Q. i want a new phone, and its either samsung galaxy s3, which i know is to compete with the iphone 5, but that will be super expensive contract, so is there still any point getting the iphone 4s? as soon as the iphone5 comes out , will the iphone 4s dissapear as quick as the iphone 3 did when 4 came out? thanks.

A. I was faced with exactly the same choice only a few weeks ago, and I settled with the SIII. Must admit, couldn't be happier. The thing is, my mobile operator heavily advertises 2 years warranty on all of their phones, but it turned out that for the iPhone (which already cost double the SIII), I had to pay an extra 80$! What a rip off!

The iPhone 5 will be just as, if not more, locked down than the iPhone 4S, so personally, now that I've experienced Android, I would never buy it. Plus, the iPhone 5 will have a new connector, and no existing accessories will work with it. The SIII? Oh, it has MicroUSB, the standard for phones and many other things nowdays. You can even hook it up directly to your TV using a cable, or using WiFi. If you want to do that with an iPhone, you need to get a 100$ Apple TV aswell...

The iPhone 4S won't disappear, but the iPhone 3GS which is currently sold on the cheap, will. It will still probably cost more than the Galaxy SIII.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment