Tuesday, April 2, 2013

what coding should I learn if I want to make an iphone app but have no coding experience?

Q. I would like to make an iphone app but I have no experience in coding or anything with code but I am good with computers. So before I can make an app what should I learn. Because when ever I look this up I get the apple videos and it is for people that already know other coding. So should i learn c+ or other coding. Because I cant find out what I should know.

A. Well, the iPhone apps are written on Objective C. Normally I recommend Java as a first language, but in your case I don't see any reason not to start out with Objective C. If you are going to learn something before Objective C, then do c++ or c. You can actually use c and c++ code in iPhone apps, but you have to link to it through Obj C.

Just download X Code (you need a mac to program iPhone apps, v 10.5 or higher). Then start playing around, do simple stuff first and work you way up.

The best way to learn any language on your own is to buy a book that teaches the language you want to learn. Make sure it uses what ever IDE you wanna use, in this case XCode.. Take it chapter by chapter and make sure you do the projects at the end of each chapter. WHen you finish the book then start your app. I'm pretty sure that the "for dummies" series has a book on iPhone app programming. Their books are usually really good.


@mlikesit

What is your reccomendation of iphone app that enables the user to make iPhone speak?
Q. I need an iphone app that can read out an article written in English on websites.
I dont care if it's free.
What I care is the voice quality and whether it can read out things in English as human can do.

A. I have an iPhone4 and I really couldn't find any app like that for you. I do have a Kindle from Amazon that reads everything on it in English and it's great. Hope it helps.

What is that iphone app that turns off your house lights called?
Q. In the lastest iphone app commercial it showed that app being used to turn off the living room lights. I want this app but have no idea what the name of it is.

A. the app is called schlage link




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment