Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What's different between the iPhone 4 and the unlocked iPhone 4?

Q. I want to get a iPhone and I saw that you could bye an unlocked iPhone 4. I was wondering what's the difference between the iPhone 4 and the unlocked iPhone 4?

A. Normally if you purchase an iPhone 4 with a contract the iPhone 4 will be locked to the specific service provider. The monthly bills are normally expensive and you will be tied into a lengthy contract as the service provider will want to recoup the cost of the handset as well as providing the mobile service.

An unlocked iPhone can be used with any service provider so you should pay a lower monthly bill however, you pay for the iPhone upfront.

Unlocked iPhone 4's usually have a higher resale value than a locked one.

Could I send an unlocked iphone 4 to a girl in Russia so she could use it?
Q. I've been doing a little research, but truthfully I don't know much about the whole iphone 4 use in Russia. I've found enough info to know she'd have to cut her sim card, but that's as far as my knowledge goes on that subject. I was planning on buying an unlocked iphone 4 off eBay for her, but it wouldn't pay if she couldn't use it in Russia. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

A. The iPhone 4 uses a Micro-Sim so if she has a regular SIM card, she will have to cut it. I have seen reports that cutting the SIM card does actually work! Just make sure she doesn't cut over the metal part... In the link, there are cool step-by-step instructions on how to do so.

And she can indeed use the iPhone 4 in Russia if it is on a GSM Network. And make sure the company she uses actually used SIM cards because Verizon doesn't use SIM cards. Good Luck!

How can I use my unlocked iphone 4 in London and the Netherlands?
Q. I have an unlocked iPhone 4 and am traveling to London then the Netherlands. I will be in London for a month and the Netherlands for two months. I want to get a prepaid micro sim but I do not have a credit card from those countries or a residential address.

Thanks!

A. why do you need a credit card to buy a ****prepaid**** sim card? Last I remember, you walk into the store... ask for a prepaid sim card... gets activated... and walla.... so much tourism over there, there isnt much time to think about foreign credit/debit cards in regards to prepaid cell phones... just buy, pay, walla..


are you sure your not confusing the Europeans over there... they may think your asking for a contract account




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment