Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What is the best protective case for the iPhone 5?

Q. I am notoriously hard on phones, and would like to know what the best protective case is for the iPhone 5...waterproofing would be a bonus! Thank you!
The majority of protection I need, however, is for accidental drops and scratches. Thanks again!

A. The best out there is the 'Lifeproof Fre'. Waterproof to 2 metres (6ft), dustproof, shockproof and it's very slim. Only just released for the IP5. Just wish I could get one shipped to Australia before Christmas, but to no avail :(

If i put my phone in a ziplock and swim will it be waterproof?
Q. I know its probably not suggested, but if i put my iphone in a baggie and get the air out and seal it and tape it and everything, will it be okay? I'm not talking like snorkeling but like in a pool or something. Not deep. I knw they make waterproof cases and stuff but its too exspensive

A. No, baggies do leak. I had a sandwich in a baggie in a chest of ice and after a couple of hours, i always have a soggy sandwich.

If you absolutely HAVE to go swimming with your phone, put it in a balloon and tie it off. After that, put it in a second balloon just to be sure.

does the life proof case for iPhone work for iPod touch?
Q. I am looking for a waterproof iPod case but cant find one. I finally found the life proof case but only for iPhone. So I began to wonder if it would work for an iPod touch.

A. Hello

The iPod touch much thinner than the iPhone so will need padding out as will be loose, if water proofing is your main objective it will be fine but not so cool, one of the other choices to offer some protection to rear of iPod is the "Keep calm and carry on" cases in blue or red they are cheap but very effective fit well and allow full functionality and "cool".

Regards Alan




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment