Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Can you put a crystal case over an iphone skin?

Q. I have an iphone and I want to get a custom skin for it. However I have read that the skin is not complete protection. Can you put a crystal clear hard case over the top? Will it fit?

A. I doubt it would work, unless the skin is no thicker than scotch tape!

What is the best quality, and cutest (for a girl) iphone 3G cover that has maximum protection?
Q. I am getting the iPhone this week and want to spend my money on the best cover that is still cute. Any suggestions? Links or pictures would be nice
everyone that i know that has the iphone loves it. and i've seen about 5 negative reviews to about 500 positive ones. my friend has one and i play with it all the time and love it. so i don't think that will be a problem, i'm just looking for a protective cover

A. Martii, that's not really what she was asking.

I got the iPhone a few months ago and it was one of the best investments I made the entire year, seconded only by a new car.

This is the cover I have.
http://www.hdaccessory.com/catalog/iphone3gdiacranberry1_thumb.jpg
It is flexible before you put it on, but once it's on it feels like a hard case. It doesn't collect dirt and dust like some silicone cases. It makes the phone much easier to hold onto, and when you put the phone face down on a table or something, the screen is raised off the surface so it doesn't get scratched.
The same case comes in different colors as well (about halfway down the page): http://www.hdaccessory.com/servlet/Categories?category=iPhone%203g%20Accessories:Cases:Hard%20Cases:Crystal%20Cases


I'd also HIGHLY recommend an Invisible Shield from the following site.
http://www.zagg.com/?gclid=CKi3ufPN-pcCFQ89awodtindEA
I know it sounds expensive, but it's so worth it. This thing does not get scratched. If you take something sharp to it, it gives a little bit, but eventually goes back to its normal shape. Beware of immitators. A lot of cheap ones float around but this one's the real deal. They use it on helicopter blades to protect them from sand in the desert, apparently.

I went a couple months without any screen protection because the guy at the AT&T store took scissors to the demo phone's screen to show how unscratchable it was. Well, a month or two after purchase I had some dings in the screen from dropping it or from just being in my pocket with keys or change. So now I have the crystal case above, and the front coverage from Invisible Shield. Should be all he protection you'll ever need! The case is pretty cheap, and the shield is $15 with free shipping.

Good luck and enjoy your iPhone! I love mine.

I am currently thinking about getting an iphone. I was wondering what the good and bad things are about it?
Q. I am currently with Nextel/Sprint and my contract with them is up in February. I am not and do not wish to extend my contract with them because basically ever since they merged with Sprint the company sucks. I just wanted to get some opinions from people who actually have an iphone to help me decide whether or not I am going to purchase one.

A. I don't have an iPhone, but I've heard many accounts about them. First thing to consider is they cost 600 dollars, & that's just for a 2-yr. contract on the phone.

You should also consider that if you get something like that, you will not be able to resist browsing the net with it & doing all that cool unnecessary stuff that comes with an iPhone, so you will need a multimedia package coupled with your monthly plan that will likely increase it another 20 dollars (the default monthly payment I believe is 60).

There have been some extreme cases on YouTube, where some people have ended up stuck with $4000 bills for "over-using" their iPhone without the right plans, so your business on it can get pretty expensive if you're not careful.

As far as performance, the phone is amazing. It's very crystal-clear resolution & VERY smooth navigation with the touch-screen.

But my recommendation? Save yourself the brutal monthly fees & get yourself an iPod iTouch. You can get a crappier phone & save yourself some money, but still have all that cool stuff in the palm of your hand. iTouches are about $300 for an 8gb.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment