Thursday, March 28, 2013

How well are iphone solar chargers?

Q. I am going on a vacation in Yosemite for 5 days, i'd like to know how well do you think an iphone solar charger will work. whats your experience with these.

A. Solar Charger?

Goodluck is all I have to say.

Or bring a back up charger the one that already charged, all you need is to plug your iphone in it and it will charged it. Worked for camping if you do not have your car or no electrical outlet nearby. They worked pretty good for me. Make sure it is made or compatible for iphone.

What is the difference between a regular AA battery and a solar AA battery?
Q. I want to make this USB charger thing for my ipod, and one of the things you need is "Solar Batteries (AA)" Is there a difference between solar and regular batteries? Please let me know because I'm really confused. :S
Here's the site I'm making it off of: http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-solar-powered-iPhone-charger/
thanks(:

A. No difference unless Solar is a brand, in which case it's probably junk.

I use Eveready rechargeable NiMH batteries for most stuff. They hold a charge pretty well - I could put a fresh pair in my old cassette player and it would go literally all day - a full eight-hour shift - on the one set. It would go through two sets of batteries per year.

The packaging says they're good for thousands of charges, don't you believe it. But they would hold up really well through about 200 charges, no problem. After about a year and a half, they would become noticeably soft.

Get the highest amp-hour rating you can find. It's worth it.

I used to have some of those cheap solar-charged walkway lights in my yard, but they'd poop out somewhere around two hours after sunset. Lousy performance. I installed some of those Eveready NiMH batts where the old ones were - plain ol' AA rechargeables - and the lights would wink off at dawn. The solar cells provided enough juice to charge them up completely during the day, no sweat.

Good luck with it.

How to charge your iphone when traveling by plane?
Q. I know my iphone will discharge half way through my trip. I need options on how to charge on iphone? Should I purchase a portable iphone charger? Can the white wired cord be brought passed security/ as carry-on? Where can I charge my phone?

A. Yeah you can bring the cable with you. I just buy an extra battery and use it on the plane. You can also use a battery with a solar power recharger.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-PPUS20-PowerPort-Charging-Adapters/dp/B0023RRPRO

If you are really desperate- many older planes have a power outlet in the bathroom. You can pop in and get a quick charge that way :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment