Monday, December 31, 2012

I have an iPhone and am using tmobile, how can I get service through a wireless router?

Q. Before I bought my iPhone tmobile sent me a certain phone that allowed me to get service as long as I was in a hot spot. I don't get service in my house unless I have this special feature. I figured the iPhone would include this feature but at this point I haven't been able to figure it out. So I bought an iPhone but can't even get service in my house. Very disappointing.

A. I just go to settings and choose wifi on and a list will pop up pick your router or one without a lock off the list. You will know you are connected by the bars just right of the carrier logo

Is it Better to switch to ATT or get an unlocked Iphone?
Q. I currently have Tmobile but would like an Iphone. Tmobile is about $30 cheaper a month then the plan I would use from ATT. However I am nervous about getting an unlocked Iphone. Can I still do everything the same withone? So my main question is is it better to switch or get an unlocked phone. THanks!

A. $30 * 24 months = $720... plus the $200 for the phone = $920
cost of an unlocked iphone $580
i would say getting an unlocked iphone for t-mobile is going to be significantly cheaper.

yes, you can do everything with an unlocked iphone, its just not locked down to a specific carrier

How to get an iPhone if tmobile is your company?
Q. I've heard of unlocked phones and all, but is it a long process to unlock phones? Will the phone work just as well as it would if it was under a company that actually has the iPhone? And is there any other way you can get an iPhone under tmobile?

A. No. Process is short, though not available for the latest iPhone 4S at this time. The phone will work on T-Mobile, but no 3G since they operate with different frequencies.

Only 2 options
buy a locked one & get it unlocked (cheaper, but harder)
buy an unlocked one & use it (more expensive, but easier)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment