Monday, December 31, 2012

What are your favorite PAID iPhone apps?

Q. In your opinion: which are the best app store "paid" apps?

If you have a jailbroken iPhone: which apps/themes are your favorite from Cydia/Icy/Installous.

Best answerer gets 10 points.

A. These are some cool iPhone Apps here:

Top 10 New iPhone Apps: http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-10-New-iPhone-Apps

My fav is #4.

How do I transfer my IPhone over to a new computer?
Q. I have a PC with windows vista (which i am getting rid of soon) and a new lap top with windows 7. How do I get everything that is currently on my Iphone ( contacts, apps, music etc) to my new laptop so i can begin syncing with my laptop instead of my PC?

A. For transferring Music, Movie, Photo, ePub, PDF, iBooks, Audiobook, Voice Memo, Camera Roll (iOS 4 above), iPhone Ringtone, Podcast, TV Show, SMS, Contact, Call List from iPhone to PC, you can use this program to make it.
http://www.transfer-iphone-sms.com/transfer-iphone-to-pc.html

For apps and games, you have no need to backup, because in your same-account iTunes Library, the apps exist all the time.

Would being able to design and program ipad apps appeal to colleges?
Q. I'm considering taking classes on programming ipad/iphone apps. I'm wondering if I manage to create apps, whether or not this would look good on an application to a prestigious school like Stanford, Berkely, or Caltech.

Btw, I'm a sophomore and I want to go into computer science

A. Yeah I think it would definitely look good on your college app. It helps establish your interest in your perspective major. It demonstrates some initiative in learning outside the classroom. You'll get introduced to certain CS topics such as memory management that you won't encounter in a normal AP CS course.

You should definitely try to create quality apps that people will actually want. Tech press loves to write about young app developers, and if successful you could even make some money off of this. Lots of very impressive people apply to top schools, but actually not too many of them have done these sorts of entrepreneurial activities during high school.

Stanford has a course that teaches iOS programming that you can watch on iTunes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment