Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Can the iphone work with any portable player?

Q. I got the i-P23 Portable Speakers Roxy player from the apple store b4 the iphone came out and I thought It would work together but it doen't. I've since bought the quicksilver one too. On apple it does say compatible w/ipods but not iphone. But Is there anyway to get arround that? The slot fits and then it reads" device not comp" so I tried the dbl sided male aux cables. Still nothing. So i guess i'm just wondering if there is anything out there I can buy to put speakers on my iphone that's portable. Thanks.

A. iPhone complains about most iPod accessories... but they still work.

I've used car adapters and several speaker systems... all work, but the radio car kits have some interference.

Airplane mode works even with the radio car adapters.

Best way to play iphone through car?? Car doesnt have cd player or cassete player?
Q. I was wondering if the iTrip or whatever they make would still work with my car and what cable would be the best and most reasonable. Thanks!

A. I use a Monster FM Transmitter to play my iPhone in my car. They're around $80 in store, but I bought two (one I used until it broke, and one I replaced the first with) on eBay for around $40. Every now and then you'll run into some static with the signal, but for the most part the Monster doesn't do much of that. Plus it charges your phone.
I used a Griffin FM Transmitter for awhile and noticed a lot more of the signal interference, but it was nice because I could either plug it in and let it charge my phone while it played, or just use the transmitter part and not have any cords.
When I plug my iPhone in to either of those transmitters, a message pops up that says "This accessory was not made to work with iPhone" or something to that effect, but it's never been a problem - it's always worked just fine for me!
The only thing I don't like about using an FM transmitter is that if you don't turn your phone to airplane mode, you get that incoming signal noise whenever you get a phonecall or anything. So if that bothers you like it bothers me, then keep in mind that you won't receive calls while you're using the transmitter in airplane mode.
I don't know of any other transmitters to recommend as I've only used Monster and Griffin, but you could try checking out Amazon.com and reading reviews of any other products you'd consider.
Hope this helps, sorry for the lengthy answer, and good luck getting those tunes playing in your car! :)

How to connect my iphone to my car (2003 mercedes-benz c230)?
Q. Is it possible to connect an iphone to 2003 mercedes-benz c230 if it is can you provide me with a step-by-step directions???

A. Does the car have a Benz phone already installed? If yes, all you need is a Blutooth puck in place of the old set and you're ready to go.

If not, you first need the Benz phone installation kit installed. That phone icon you see on the centre cluster just means that the vehicle is prewired to accept the phone kit. It does not mean that a phone was installed. A phone installation was a dealer option/accessory.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment