Thursday, January 3, 2013

Do you have to be a certified technician to repair iPods?

Q. I'm 16 and I want to get a job repairing iPods, iPhones, PSPs, and that sort of stuff at the local electronics repair shop. I asked one of the guys in the store today if they were hiring and he just told me to give him my resume at anytime. Do these kind of stores require you to be a certified technician to actually fix the iPods, or can you just be a smart teenager who knows all there is to know about repairing electronics?

A. I would think not. But why repair a ipod just buy a new one it would cost less.

How much should you charge to fix iPhones.?
Q. Okay so Ive learned how to repair an iPhone cracked screen front & back I was wondering what was a reasonable price to charge to do such a thing. What should be the price if I provide the tools, & what should be the price if they provide their own?

A. Well most shop charge less than $100 to fix a broken screen. I guess $80 is a good price. Since you are new you should use price to attract new customer. You can raise the price when your service get popular.

Make sure you have a brand. There are so many phone fixing business out there so you really need to do something special to stand out

How reliable are the products from Hong Kong on eBay?
Q. I want to buy a few things from ebay to repair an iphone 2g. The seller says they're from Hong Kong and I don't want to buy a bad product.

A. If the item is for repair only then you might not have much to worry about. if you live in the USA then delivery can take anywhere from 2 -3 weeks for delivery. The item still might be of lower craftsmanship so I suggest you check the feedback and go from there.

mx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment