Do i need to unlock my iphone 3gs to be able to use it in china?

Q. I'm traveling to China soon for a month. Can I simply bring my iphone 3gs and use in china? Do I have to unlock it first? Of course I understand I need to buy a local sim card.

A. If it isn't already unlocked then yes, you do need to, because a locked phone wont work with a local sim card, only your carrier's sims.

Some carriers will unlock them, but mine didn't, so I'll link to what I used - it's free and for Windows and Mac and has a guide :)

I'm looking for good keyboard themes for winterboard on SUMMERBOARD mode for iPhone 3GS?
Q. I'm looking for good keyboard themes for winterboard on SUMMERBOARD mode for iPhone 3GS. I want the Mac book air one really bad and have it installed but it doesn't work. Can someone help me with this or suggest some other really great keyboards for iPhone 3GS using Cydia and Winterboard on Summerboard mode?? Thanks.

A. I LOVED the black mac book air keyboard. Unfortunately 99% of keyboard themes are not compatible with newer firmwares.

If you are using 4.0 or 4.1:
Step 1: Install iAccess
Step 2: Install iAccess 4 China (ios4)
Step 3: Restart Springboard
Step 4: Go into iAccess and click on the pop-up and reboot device
Step 5: Turn all toggles OFF
Step 6: Install Keyboard Theme
Step 7: Apply Keyboard Theme via Winterboard
Step 8: Click Globe in bottom left corner of Keyboard
Step 9: Enjoy!

How to stop iphone 3gs Automatically connecting to internet and using data when not connected to wifi?
Q. When I'm not connected to wifi, my iphone 3gs seems to be using up data, because its always connected to the 3g telecom thingy, and my notifications form email/facebook etc are using up data. Can I 'turn off' the internet on my phone while im out so this doesn't happen, or not? I als think it might be sucking up alot of my battery???

Thanks
Turning the WiFi off doesn't mean I'm not connected to the internet, when I turn the wifi off i'm connected to 3G, therefore using up data and credit because i'm not connected to wifi..... i''m connected to telecom's 3G internet.

A. Go to settings turn on airplane mode or double click the home button (if you have the latest update then a bar of apps will show up) when the bar shows up, theses are your apps currently running in the background (they will run down your battery and if they are Internet apps they will continue to use Internet), hold them like you would to delete or move apps, they will have minus signs click them and the app will disappear (don't worry your not deleting them, just turning them off) and you will see significant increase in your battery life and your 3G won't be used up. And if you do that it will still say your connected to 3G but not use it unless you actually do.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do I export my iPhone contacts on to the computer?

Are the IPhone Clones able to run all the applications from the real IPhone?

how can you tell iphone cases can fit your 2g iphone?